What an exciting time of the year, especially with little ones anticipating the arrival of Santa and celebrating the birth of our dear Savior and brother Jesus Christ. We feel so blessed in our lives in so many ways. Tye recently made correspondence with some very special friends that he was able to meet in the Phillipines while on his mission. The father said quote, “all of these temporal accomplishments we have is because of the gospel we learned from the church. we love our Savior and have to serve him.” Thank you for your message to us Aguillon Family, especially for reminding us that all that we have is because of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
This year we started our first family thankful journal. Thanks to Nana Meeks’ little inspiration and President Eyrings personal experiences. This journal has really opened our eyes and helped us to stay focused on the most important people in our lives. Our family, our friends, and all those we look forward to meeting and hope to be able to get to know. So, with this said we would like to focus our Christmas letter on the people in 2009 that we are most grateful for. (All of you!!)
Kendyl- “I am thankful for Aunt Jo Jo and Dada and the whole world and Auntie Lacey and my home. I am thankful for me and my sissy and the puppies. I am thankful for my toys and my baby and my sister. The End, that’s it, that’s all.”
Khalei- “I am thankful that we have a family to spend Christmas with us together. I am thankful for the puppies. I am thankful for my teacher Mrs. Kent and my class and for Mrs. Blumn and her class. I am thankful for Santa and his elves and for Mrs. Clause. I am thankful for all of my friends and for Jesus and Heavenly Father and for the prophet President Monson. I am thankful for my bed and my toys and my books and my clothes and my food. I am thankful for my shoes and my socks and my necklaces and my friends. I am thankful for our Christmas tree and for my mom. I am thankful for my father and I am thankful that he could wrestle with us and he is so special to me and he is the best dad in the whole world and I love him. I am thankful for Aunt Jo Jo and for Auntie Lacey and for all of my Aunts and Uncles and Grandpas and Grandmas and all of my cousins. The End.”
Bonnie- “I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to have a family and to be a wife and a mother. I am so grateful for a physical body that challenges me and teaches me. I am grateful that my last surgery has helped my knee and that even though I can’t run or play ball; I can still ride my bike, teach aerobics, and do many other things which allow me so much happiness. I am grateful that hard work and perseverence pays off and that we can and will become better if we trust in God will all of our hearts. I am so grateful for good leaders who serve and love unconditionally; I am so grateful for the examples of young women who make great decisions in difficult situations. I am so grateful for friends and family who care, who do not judge but instead listen and love. I am so grateful for my sweet daughters and for the opportunity I have to learn from them each day. I feel so lucky that I am their mother. I am indebted to my Father in Heaven for allowing me to have Tye as my husband. I am so grateful for his love, patience, his surprises, and his willingness to forgive continually and for being a worthy preisthood holder. I am so grateful that he is such a wonderful father. I am so grateful for that he never get’s angry and always reminds me of the most important perspectives to have about life. I am so grateful to my Father in Heaven for continually bringing him home safely from work. Last, but not least I am thankful each day for the knowledge I have of my Father in Heaven his Son Jesus Christ and the gift of the Holy Ghost. Without the testimony I have of the selfless act of the atonement of Jesus Christ my life would not be the same, I would not be able to enjoy this life at the same measure in which I currently do. I am so grateful for the examples of friends, family, and others who help me to want to be better in every aspect of my life.
Oh yeah, I am grateful for clean floors, organized pantry’s, and comment’s like “Mommy, you’re the best mommy in the whole world.” It may not always be that way but when it is life can’t get any better!
Tye- “I AM grateful…… that’s all.” ( Yeah right, you think I would let him get away with that)
“I am grateful for my family and the love they share with me. I am grateful for a Heavenly Father that would trust my wife and myself to raise his spirit children in our home. I am grateful for the guidance and direction of the spirit and the Lord’s prophet and apostles, who assist me in raising my children. I am grateful for a slave driving wife who allows me no idle time to get involved in the mischeif’s of life. I am grateful for her compassion and love that she shows me on a daily basis. (yes, these two are the same woman) I am grateful for the opportunity I have to serve in the church and the humility the Lord places upon us with new callings. I am grateful for our two adopted children (dogs) that have brought joy and happiness into our little girls lives (early Christmas presents). I am grateful for the tender moments in which I am able to be apart of in my girls’ lives as they continue to grow. I am grateful for the example their mother (Bonnie Jean) is and the comfort in knowing that if they grow up to have the testimonies which their mother has I shall be proud. I am grateful for the ability I have to work and be a provider. I am grateful for the joy in which it brings knowing that your family has the necessary items to be comfortable. I am grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ and the tender mercies which come with it. I am grateful for one of those tender mercies being the blessings of the temple. I am grateful for the knowledge which the temple gives me about eternal families. Last but not least I am grateful to still be here so I can continue this journal of grattitude next year.”
We hope that our message will find all of you healthy and happy and full of the spirit of Christmas. We love you all and hope and wish for you and your families the very best.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!
All Our Love,
Tye, Bonnie, Khalei, and Kendyl
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a great idea. You have such a sweet family! Cute photos too! Hope you all have a great Christmas!
Post a Comment