I have wanted to write about this for some time, but right now I have the chance so I am doing it. I don't even know where to begin. The fight to win Prop. 8 is being fought as we speak. The outcomes of this Proposition will effect not only CA but every state in our nation. Please, if you have not educated yourself about this yet please do so, this is not just a CA issue. After you educate yourself please pray about this and spread the word to all that you know. Unfortunaley, many people feel this is an equality issue instead of a moral issue. These times we are living in are unbelievable with such great joys and such deep sadness. Sometimes it takes your breath away when you think of the consequences that could result from the failure of this Prop 8 to our futures and our children. I know the scripture are the word of God. Now more than ever I see how clear God has made it for us to learn what we must do in this world to stay strong and immovable. Story after story we read about war and repentance and how the Lord is continually inviting his children to repent and come unto him. Our adversary tries to blind us and rationalize sin. With all my heart I know that God loves everyone, every individual person. Not only specific people, maybe that is why this is so hard at times because not matter what, we don't want to hurt anyone. Yet, we have to stand for what is right. We have to stand for God's laws and still love everyone at the same time. I know this is possible. I know that we can love, forgive, and heal with God's mercy and love.
I wanted to include some websites that will give you automatic infomation and additional links so that you can forward the information to as many people as you can. Even if your not in CA.
www.prop8links.blogspot.com and www.protectmarriage.com. So many people and our amazing general authorities are very involved and they are doing all that we can to help and support Prop. 8. Please, pray for all of us here in CA and for Prop 8 to pass.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment